Without a doubt this is our most refined recipe, tweaked with an inch of its life to get it as close as possible to what you get in the top restaurants, dead proud of this one.
You Will Need:
2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
500g of Chicken, diced into good sized chunks
1 Chicken stock cube
2 Teaspoons of chopped chillies
6 Curry leaves
4 Garlic cloves (Crushed)
2 Teaspoons of grated ginger
2 Tablespoons of medium curry powder
4 Fresh chopped tomatoes
400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
1 Tablespoon of ground coriander seeds
150g Frozen peas
1 Sliced green pepper
1 Diced aubergine
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
Fresh chopped mint and coriander leaves (dried is also fine)
Here’s a few pictures of the veg and meat all prepped, that garlic will be going through the crusher just before it hits the pan.
1. First job is to grind up the coriander seeds as fine as can, don’t worry if they’re a bit gritty, they’ll break down in the cook. Once ground up, add to the bottom of the SloMo pot.
2. Dissolve the chicken stock cube in 200ml of boiling hot water, give it a good stir and add to the SloMo pot when fully dissolved.
3. Measure out the curry powder and add to the SloMo pot.
4. Open the tin of chopped tomatoes, add to the pot and give the mix a really good stir.
5. Add the vegetable oil to your pan and get it as hot as you can. Add the onions, garlic and ginger, cook until slightly soft.
6. Add the chicken, curry leaves and chillies, cook until the meat is browned and sealed. Lower the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes and then add to the SloMo pot.
7. Now add the peas, aubergine, fresh tomatoes and green pepper. Give it a good pat down but don’t worry if everything isn’t covered by the liquid.
8. Cook on low for 8-10hrs.
9. Add the lemon juice, freshly chopped mint and coriander to the pot, give it a stir just before you dish this bad boy up on a bed of steaming rice.